Evangelism to People Groups
* Born and raised a God-fearer
* A hard working man, loyal to my family
* Jesus interrupted me at work one day and gave me a call to serve him
* I followed him
* I left my job and gave it everything I had
* I failed sometimes, but was mostly successful
* I was filled with the Spirit and was used in signs and wonders ministry among thousands of people
* I thought I knew everything
* I was a widely recognised leader with an evangelistic-apostolic ministry
* But just about all my ministry was among my own people
* One day things changed
* I had an out-of this-world experience directing me to leave my cultural comfort zone and join with people of another kind. These strange people were seeking God.
* I saw God pour out his Spirit on them
* I’d had this experience myself 12 years before. But I got wrapped up in the church so much I didn’t have much time or care for other groups of people. My church was my culture, and my culture captured and ruled my Christian beliefs and ways
* But when I saw God pouring out his Spirit on people I thought were weird, God shook me up and I came to see that all people in the world are equally loved by him. His special gifts are for everyone
* Yes, I was a Pentecostal for 12 years. But a very narrow-minded one! Now I am a world Christian!
Signed, Simon Peter,
Transformed Christian Jew
(By Paul Grant)
© Renewal Journal 10: Evangelism, 1997, 2nd edition 2011.
Reproduction is allowed with the copyright intact with the text.
Now available in updated book form (2nd edition 2011)
Renewal Journal 10: Evangelism – Discounted in eStore – $7
Amazon – Renewal Journal 10: Evangelism – $8
Amazon – all journals and books